Monday, April 6, 2009

Lady Sooners Star makes the world's dumbest Promise

Oklahoma women's basketball star Courtney Paris said she will give back her scholarship money if the Sooners don't win the national championship, the Daily Oklahoman reported. Paris, who made the guarantee during a speech on senior night, would be giving back close to $64,000, the Oklahoman reported. "I have a passion for our fans and university, and I want to do something special," Paris said, the newspaper reported. "That's why I put my scholarship on the table. I meant what I said." I feel like we're not missing pieces," Paris said, the newspaper reported. "If we play hard, we execute, we are a great team that can win a national championship. "If we don't do that, it won't be because we're not good enough. "And her sister, Ashley Paris, backed her up, the newspaper reported. "We’ll win a national championship, so I’m hoping she’s not going to have to pay it back,” Ashley Paris said, the Oklahoman reported. "We’re going to try and work hard so she doesn’t have to."But if anything horrible goes wrong, I’ll hold her accountable for paying it back.”  Now this is a big promise to make especially from a player that assisted a loss to the best team in the land (UCONN) 106-78. If she has that kind of money to pay it back, she never needed a scholarship in the first place...lol..


CHECK MY REFERENCES!!!

1 comment: